In this previous blog post, I listed 10 great reasons to read my book. It is filled with science-based knowledge and advice that can help you.
- Why did I earn the name “The Terminator” after my first medical school call? (hint: It involves declaring my patient dead)
- If there only an average of 0.32 typographical errors out of 3 billion base pairs each time a cell copies, why does mutation occur so often? (hint: it has to do with telomeres)
- Why did a company pay $720 million dollars for a sirtuin activator and then ask for their money back?
- If you have two copies of the telomerase gene, you are normal. If you have one, why do you die of old age as a teenager?
- If you didn’t need oxygen, why would you still need to breath? (hint: you would die in minutes of acidification)
- The endocannabinoid system triggered by marijuana mimics two natural hormones we produce when we are happy. What is the role of telomerase activators in this?
- Why do people breath incorrectly and how does this cause neck pain? (hint: it involves that diaphragm)
- What is an “emotional meta tag” and why it is the foundation of every single thought and experience that you have?
- How does sleep deprivation cause Alzheimer’s (hint: it has to do with the glymphatic system)
- Why has every person who has every lived woken up every 90-minutes? (hint: it has to do with the quantized nature of sleep and the reticular activation system)
In an effort to entice you to read my book, I offer ten more paradigm-shifting disclosures for your improved mastery:
- Excess exercise can cause “Fatigued Athlete Myopathic Syndrome”. The mechanism is excessive muscle stem cell depletion faster than the telomeres can be extended.
- All foods are fine and that eating a calorie of sugar is more fattening than eating a calorie of pure fat!
- Your colon is not caked like Roman pipes…after one cleansing it is clean as a whistle
- The Mediterranean diet is associated with the best telomeres and health
- There is no good evidence to show vitamins improve health but plenty to show how excess intake can harm you
- Vitamins ADE & K are particularly dangerous because they are accumulated in fat
- Antioxidants are not treating the problems but rather the symptoms of aging and disease…cell death from telomere erosion
- The ultimate goal of life is not happiness or self-actualization…it is service and self-transcendence
- Self-compassion is the key to better living
- A simple top ten list of gratitude can enhance your sleep and naturally improve your quality of life
I hope you will consider reading my book. I promise it is not simply a regurgitation of group think but rather a science-based and useful primer on how to understand and master your own physiology and life.